Sunday, September 19, 2010

Primary Lessons

Kids are the greatest.

I have now been in primary for about 6 weeks and I have loved every minute of it. I don't know why, but I definitely underestimated how strong the spirit would be with those little tykes. Oh my goodness, every time they sing they sound like little angels. And holy cow, they are sooo smart! Just such good kids.

The first month I was just helping out with the little three-year-old sunbeams. So adorable. And so loving. The first day they were already giving me hugs and wanting to sit on my lap and the little girls were telling me they liked my hair and my necklace. Sure, they were wiggly, but ALL of them wanted to say the prayer, or hold up the picture, or talk about Jesus. Just really good kids. The other teachers, quite older than me, would reprimand them quite often for not being reverent, (Tyson, the youngest, had THE hardest time staying in his chair... and keeping his pants pulled up...) but I wasn't very good at that. I even kind of got one of the little girls in trouble once because she was telling me about playing at her cousins house during the lesson. Woops...

Then I got my official calling as a co-teacher for the 8-9 year olds a couple weeks ago, and these kids... wow, I have just been nothing but impressed. So smart! And just such good kids. They actually want to participate, and we've had some really good discussions. Today I taught for the first time and was a little nervous about how it would go and... I really shouldn't have been. It went so smoothly. It was a really great Sunday.

Sean theorizes that I got put in this calling so that we would want to have kids asap, and I can't say that it isn't working...

Ok, I shouldn't tease my family like that. It'll still be just a little bit til we get to that stage. But all I'm saying is-- I'm dang excited for when we get to that point.


1 comment:

  1. I'm in primary too. I teach the 5,6,7 year old CTR girls. I love it. I feel like Primary is a little piece of heaven on earth...that's including the days when they are crazy and wiggly. They just love the Savior so much, you can't help but feel it. :)

    Glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete