Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Owls




Last night, I had a dream about a bunch of porcelain decorative owls in a tree. Really cute, really indie. Then, a real owl came along and started messing with them and breaking them. Shattering their cute little faces. Random.


Then today, I come to work, and I'm working on this Alcatraz project (way cool, by the way), and I was having all of these problems with data matching up. Finally, I came across the name that was causing all the problems. The name? Basil Hugh "The Owl" Banghart, prisoner number 595. Insert Twilight Zone music here.


The really crazy part is that this is not the first time this has happened. The first time I can really remember was when I was 14. I had a dream that I was at Disneyland on dance tour, standing in line for Snow White, and I was looking around at my friends that were with me: Alysse, Jentrie, Kelsey... and then some brunette girl I didn't know. I almost immediately forgot about it.


Flash forward six months, when I'm actually on dance tour in California. I'm at Disneyland, standing in line for Snow White, when I look around and totally start having deja vu, like BAD. There's Alysse and Jentrie leaning against the rail in front of me, Kelsey to my right, and then to my left is the brunette girl. Only now I know who she is: Julianne Burr. I had gotten to know her in the couple of months of rehearsals leading up to tour, but before that? No idea who she was. It's almost as if I dreamed her into existence.


Other instances I can remember: dreaming that my cousin was pregnant three days before I found out that she was, dreaming that I was going to be a bridesmaid in the winter before Dana & Dallan were even engaged, and one of the oddest ones was dreaming about pet turtles and then going to work at Sundance the next day to overhear a couple coworkers talking about pet turtles. I mean, really. Pet turtles. How often does that come up in a conversation?


You could call it coincidence, and maybe it is, but maybe, just maybe I have a superpower here. Anyone who knows me knows that I've always had crazy dreams, so I'm thinking maybe there's a reason for that? Maybe I need to learn how to tap into my dreaming potential? I'm contemplating starting a dream journal blog. Maybe there's more things like this that have happened without me really noticing?


I know this sounds kind of crazy... but there's crazier things that have happened, right? Right???(please validate my sanity by posting below)

5 comments:

  1. I've got the same thing! I used to dream all the time about friends and then they'd show up (after moving out of state) the next day to surprise me. I had a dream about a girl getting pregnant who wasn't married. I emailed her thinking she'd think it was funny and she emailed me back saying she was pregnant and getting married soon! On and on. So, I totally understand the weirdness and realness of that! It's the nightmares I hope NEVER come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that too!! Weeeeeird! But that really is way funny how random your dreams are...and yet, they somehow find a way to be apart of real life, when they didn't even make sense in your dream, but makes sense now...oh life! haha P.S. That picture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? I have some pretty psychotic dreams, so crazy, in fact, that I'm thankful I don't have prophetic dreams. You oughta keep a dream blog and/or journal. I ought to as well. Then I can be thankful that things I dream about stay in dreamland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff! Cute blog! Love it. Your personality is adorable and it comes through in your writing. I'd have to say that is a pretty neat gift you've got with dreams. I wouldn't doubt they'll keep telling you neat things as you pay closer attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeerrrriiiieeee. I don't know whether to gape in awe or run away in fright.

    I do think that I'd rather not have you dream about me. Just in case, you know. No hard feelings?

    ReplyDelete